Extended Warranty through Aegis or Rovolos…Good?

Jay

E pluribus unum
Ride
2023 Rocket 3 GT (Ego), 2021 Zero SR/S (Earth)
When I bought my bike, the finance guy at the dealer offered me an extended warranty through Aegis who specializes in power sports. There are several options, but I was looking at the option that would provide me up to 84 months, unlimited miles from the first registration. I didn’t take it at the time choosing to think about it and do a little research on the company and reviews. We bought an extended warranty on our pre-owned car and it has paid for itself as we tend to drive a lot, though we are about to run out of that warraanty coverage due to mileage limitations.

Anyway, wondering if anyone has has had dealings with the Aegis warranty/insurance company? Dealer tells me it is honored nation wide. However, with our car we found not all the dealers take the one we bought for that vehicle so we ended up having to drive an extra 30 min to get to the dealer we had bought the warranty through. Minor inconvenience, but for the bike being covered over 84 months, I expect to move in that timeframe. Plus the dealer I bought my bike from is 1.5-2 hours from my house depending on traffic. Don’t want to get trapped with a warranty that is limited in who honors it. Seems Triumph doesn’t offer their extended factory warranty in the USA insofar as I can tell from their website.

When I bought my bike, the finance guy at the dealer offered me an extended warranty through Aegis who specializes in power sports. There are several options, but I was looking at the option that would provide me up to 84 months, unlimited miles from the first registration. I didn’t take it at the time choosing to think about it and do a little research on the company and reviews. We bought an extended warranty on our pre-owned car and it has paid for itself as we tend to drive a lot, though we are about to run out of that warraanty coverage due to mileage limitations.

Anyway, wondering if anyone has has had dealings with the Aegis warranty/insurance company? Dealer tells me it is honored nation wide. However, with our car we found not all the dealers take the one we bought for that vehicle so we ended up having to drive an extra 30 min to get to the dealer we had bought the warranty through. Minor inconvenience, but for the bike being covered over 84 months, I expect to move in that timeframe. Plus the dealer I bought my bike from is 1.5-2 hours from my house depending on traffic. Don’t want to get trapped with a warranty that is limited in who honors it. Seems Triumph doesn’t offer their extended factory warranty in the USA insofar as I can tell from their website.
I actually worked for a different division of Aegis. I can tell you this, Aegis does not like to pay claims and will use any reasoning they can to not pay.

I actually worked for a different division of Aegis. I can tell you this, Aegis does not like to pay claims and will use any reasoning they can to not pay.
Thanks for that feedback. I reached out to my local Triumph dealer and asked about their policy. I understand there is another company here in the states by Rovolos that seems to have better terms, similar coverage and licensed by Triumph. Anyone have experience with these folks?

Well, after a couple weeks of researching this topic, it seems all the dealers have different companies they work through and whatever warranty company you go with may or may not be accepted by the shop you end up taking your bike to should you move or break down while on the road. Does not seem to be in the customer’s favor unless you stick with a factory offered warranty.

Well, after a couple weeks of researching this topic, it seems all the dealers have different companies they work through and whatever warranty company you go with may or may not be accepted by the shop you end up taking your bike to should you move or break down while on the road. Does not seem to be in the customer’s favor unless you stick with a factory offered warranty.
Unfortunately, this is usually the case. They try to make it seem otherwise but aftermarket warranties are usually never as good or as comprehensive as a factory one.

Back