"Evaporative System"

RockOn

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 R3 Classic, 2008 R3T, 2009 Harley Ultra
That's what my service manual calls that charcoal canister with the hoses attached to it. I removed it from my '06 Classic a couple years ago to make room for the Suzuki R/R to replace the original R/R and hopefully thereby improve the odds of extending stator life expectancy. I did the same with my '08 Touring model today. I am curious about the largest rubber hose attached to the swivel port at the left end of the canister. Anyone know where the other end of that large diameter hose attaches? When pulling out the canister the hose came with it and I never saw where it was attached other than coming out from a black hole, possibly at the rear of the engine. Attaching some pictures. Both bikes run fine with this canister removed and the 3 hoses attached at the right side of the canister are now connected together with a T fitting per recommended practice.

20211201_100801.jpg
20211201_100817.jpg
20211201_100828.jpg

Well, maybe that hose is not attached to anything....? Maybe it drains/purges the canister at some point?

bob

bob
Yeah, I've read all of that and more in the past. Still not sure what that big hose does but the diagram suggests it just drains and not attached to anything. Thanks.

Back