Ignition system update

If I knew it I would. I'd have to do some research on it. Just like welding rods there are lots of different solders . When I built HVAC systems we had to change the solder we used because regular solder you would use in a house would crack from vibration in shipping. We started using a solder with a high phosphorus content and no more leaks but the temp used to sweat the solder was way higher.
I bet someone on the avionics business could tell you what they use.

if u r using the original head light buckets then your headlight will b to high on high beams and to low on low beams
never b able to set them properly.

Is that the case for early Rockets? The issue with my 16' Roadster was the complete lense /reflector assembly, not the bucket. They were total crap and as you said, were impossible to adjust for the correct position of both high and low. Reasonably priced LED assemblies installed into the stock buckets solved that problem for me.

Is that the case for early Rockets? The issue with my 16' Roadster was the complete lense /reflector assembly, not the bucket. They were total crap and as you said, were impossible to adjust for the correct position of both high and low. Reasonably priced LED assemblies installed into the stock buckets solved that problem for me.

thank you for correcting i should not have said bucket.
i meant the light assy.

if the contacts got hot enough to melt the solder i would think that the ignition contacts r in poor condition.

I think the problem i had with the ignition wires being broken at the solder point/pads was because the length of the cable from ignition to the connector is to short. Moving the handlebar completely to right puts to much strain on the pads. In time copper strains will start to break due to metal fatigue and at a certain moment there is just not enough "contact" to carry the amperage.

When reinstalling the ignition made sure that there was just a bit more slack by re-routing the cable.

if u r using the original head light buckets then your headlight will b to high on high beams and to low on low beams
never b able to set them properly.
Not sure where your coming from here, it is the stock assembly and the rocket was taken to my local garage and lights are fine on high and low beam on their test area

Last edited:
I could not adjust the oem headlights
so i change to harley daymaker
If u can see with yours that is great.

Back