Engine rebuild gone west

One of the ways i do is to put hi pressure air in the system and listen where it is comming out.
For example blast air where the oil sending unit goes or modify the oil filter. U can punch a hole in the filter and give it a blast of air.
Hth
That's a brilliant suggestion I shall do that 👍

One of the ways i do is to put hi pressure air in the system and listen where it is comming out.
For example blast air where the oil sending unit goes or modify the oil filter. U can punch a hole in the filter and give it a blast of air.
Hth

i forgot this test comes with a warning
USE A LOT OF CAUTION
the air u put in has to come out must likely the vent and the oil tank. and when u release back out of the oil sending hole.
once covered a bosses white shirt into a pretty pink shirt but thats another story.

next idea
i have worked on automatic transmissions since 1966 so my experience is trans related not on motors.
facing what u have to do it might b worth the time and money to make this tool.
u need a tank i use an o2 tank u can put a couple quarts of oil in it and rig a pipe that goes to the bottom pumped up with air and a hose to the modified oil sending unit and pump 2 quarts of oil in there with bottom cover and front cover off and maybe find the problem.

If this engine had a full new oil system put in does that mean they split the cases?
If so there a lot of things to go wrong
It sounds like its not producing enough volume of oil, or it dumping/loosing the volume. Is the relief valve /o ring good. An old pressure brake bleeder would be a good source to pressure system

If this engine had a full new oil system put in does that mean they split the cases?
If so there a lot of things to go wrong
Hey up
Yes the engine was completely disassembled your right in saying that, he could have even made the same mistake twice thinking he'd corrected it with a new system after a bad install of the original one, im asking alot right now I know and trying not to lose my sense of humour but any maybe will help me when I tackle it tmrw, I will give Turbo200 idea a shot first see if it helps see what that brings up

i forgot this test comes with a warning
USE A LOT OF CAUTION
the air u put in has to come out must likely the vent and the oil tank. and when u release back out of the oil sending hole.
once covered a bosses white shirt into a pretty pink shirt but thats another story.
Herman, that is just too funny:D😂

Hey up
Yes the engine was completely disassembled your right in saying that, he could have even made the same mistake twice thinking he'd corrected it with a new system after a bad install of the original one, im asking alot right now I know and trying not to lose my sense of humour but any maybe will help me when I tackle it tmrw, I will give Turbo200 idea a shot first see if it helps see what that brings up
Put a low pressure regulator in the line, one you can limit to a couple pounds air pressure.

Put a low pressure regulator in the line, one you can limit to a couple pounds air pressure.

I use one of these just be4 my air blower. Might start out with low pressure but i thiink it will take at least 30 lbs to find the leak.

Back