Engine rebuild gone west

Could someone tell me were this check valve is located

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210517_204956.jpg
    Screenshot_20210517_204956.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 22
Sorry don't remember this part. Remember a relief valve in oil pump system, and check at spray bar. Hope someone can jog my memory.
I think your right in saying that according to triumph parts world description which threw me off not being clear on its location and describing it as a check valve and in the manual it's called a relief valve which probably means the same thing🙄

A melancholy moment for sure😳, they overlooked this on original rebuild hi when it had thrown a valve on cylinder 1 they replaced the piston and head and had low oil pressure on start up they replaced the oil pumps and it still had the same problem, I open it up and walla, I was hoping they'd missed an o ring BUT its like they forgot to put the piston rings on..... I will be replacing the big end shells sleeves and new rings that should seal the deal
WHAT????

Hows it going ?
Hello Kevin nice of you to ask your timing is perfect, started work yesterday replaced crank shells barrels pistons rings big end shells ect, to many problems to list but triumph were sympathetic to the cause and funded best part of parts required because of the miss handling and consequent damage caused so all in all it's panning out nicely

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed them.
Sounds like something is not right in the oil pressure circuit. The oil pressure around idle is low enough anyway at the best of times.
The oil pressure test will confirm if it is indeed low pressure (and not a faulty sensor/sensor circuit issue), and the necessity to start disassembling the engine again :(

Was there a lube issue previously, maybe related to why the engine had to be taken apart?
Or did the valve let go due to some other issue.
Valve let go due to worn guides and also it had a PC running a stock tune the bike had exhaust and intake mods so that didn't help either

Still need to know what the oil pressure is at idle, and what it is when the light goes out (around 1200rpm?), what it does for the first 4 minutes too until light comes on, etc.

I assume you've tried the old sensor, or was there a reason it was replaced?
The old sensor was broken when the engine was removed last

Back