Engine color question?

Lenny

.060 Over
Ride
06 Rocket Standard(RIP)
I'm a but confused... it is my undesrtanding that mid 2007 and up the motor color went from silver to black...right?

Also 05-07 had some tranny issues(siver engine too)...since im in the market for a r3 i found a 2006(in blue) but with a black color engine...so how can that be?

I'm in the same boat, Lenny. I looked at an '07 (in person) with the silver engine. But have seen a couple of '06's on the internet with the black engine. Makes me go...hhmmmm....o_O

Ah...now mine is on a '57 plate in the UK and either an 06 or an 07 model. It has the black engine too..Engine and frame numbers match. The plot thickens!!o_Oo_O

The black engine's started in 06 on the classic and a few later standards as triumph developed the classic Tourer in 07 which had all the bells and whistle you could get on a classic as accessories. Plus used up the silver engines. Mid 2008 is where tranny issues were basically resolved. All R3T came out fully updated.

So there was a period where black and silver engines were mixed and depended on which model you chose!!!

So there was a period where black and silver engines were mixed and depended on which model you chose!!!

That, and other than color, were/are the cases the same... in other words is the silver case as good as, or as strong as the black case??

I would say yes, although the sump pan did get one or two mods over the years, I don't think any were to address strength, and all engines castings are equally robust. Much of the Rocket engine is way over engineered, exception being the pesky transmission quirks, and that pays dividends for so many of almost every year have been boosted way past 200 horsepower with no ill effect.

That, and other than color, were/are the cases the same... in other words is the silver case as good as, or as strong as the black case??

Back