Engine color question?

I think this mean the whole black engine good silver engine bad thing is a load of ****
there must be date when the silver engine was updated and then refined as a black engine

so this means later silver engines are just good as early black ones

also if your bike is registered on a particular year doesn't mean it was made that year could of sat in a dealer for a year or two before it was registered

there must be an engine number at which things changed someone at Triumph must know this information ...they might also know who was on the grassy knoll in November 63

ahhhhh u r serious about this:roll::roll:
ok for the lack of a better word there r production numbers stamped on the motors and that is how u check to see if it is older or u can call dealerto see if has been updated.
i thought that mine was the updated one but found out it was not. there r some on here that have the #'s or u can take your # and call the dealer.
i would trust the info more from this site. hth

My 2006 is a R3 standard Blue on Blue Tribal with Black Engine and clock and fuel gauges on the bars. No problems as yet. Purchased used and not running but took only minor repairs and the mad scientists knowledge of the subject to put her on line. Finished the first multiple day tour that included Top Speed and foul weather.

Mines an 2006 Classic. Date of manufacturing was 10/05 with the black engine. Have noticed in the past few weeks under really hard accerating seems to pop out of second gear. But hey that could just be me not putting enough effort with up lift getting into second.

Back