Don't know if it's going to work but am confident it will. The shaft may have moved, I don't know. I put it back together, fired it up. Now I just need to put the exhaust on and running boards. I did switch starters. The 2010 engine always cranked slow, compared to the 07. Now it cranks like the 07.

Took her for a putt. All is good. The 2007 GPS works fine with the 2010 motor. I don't know why the selector shaft is further inward on the 2010, by .068 after using a depth mic. I tried to put the 2010 sensor on the 2007 motor and it would not seat properly. I did not use force or try to put the shaft in further. If it comes up in the future, these measurements are known

It idles at 2000 rpm, gotta look at a few things, vacuum leaks, throttle cables and such. Not a bad job at all, but I would not have tried it without a lift, or the help of you fine fella's and fellowetts.
Thanks to all, Kid

It idles at 2000 rpm, gotta look at a few things, vacuum leaks, throttle cables and such. Not a bad job at all, but I would not have tried it without a lift, or the help of you fine fella's and fellowetts.
Thanks to all, Kid
Which throttle bodies did you use? Personally either one I would perform a ISCV CHECK/RESET and of course your right about the leaks and cables.

Installed the throttle bodys from the 2007. Works good. Looked for the ISCV, not sure about that one but the change worked good for now. I'll get with you later to help me understand more. COOL

Now for the ride. It has been lousy weather here for a bit, but got her out Monday. Battery was weak, so jumped it off. Took the jump pak. Ran good, but something was different. At 100 I backed off and she sneezed. Went up to 120, all was good. Parked at McDonalds, left in the rain (after jumping it). Coming in home stretch she died. Tried to jump it....nope. Still raining, I just pushed her home. About 800 feet. Full leathers and full face helmet.
Folks, remember when I stated earlier in this thread about quick mechanics missing things?
I plugged in the volt pack (regulator), but never seated the plug. Wonder why the battery just went dead?
Not me, I was going for a putt. It's the small things that get you everytime.

So yesterday I took her back out. This Pri(k flys. I don't know if the touring has different cams, but the torque of this motor is more than the 07 standard. Also not as much power in the higher RPMs. Perfect for my type of ridding. Gonna need a clutch, as I feel it giving away. Will check adjustment. 2nd gear is awesome.
Thanks again to all for your help and support
Kid

Back