engine bolt tighten sequence?

Mike Sands

Supercharged
Ride
roadster 2012
I know there is a particular order for this but can't find it by doing a search on here. Can someone point me to the instructions (and a pic of where all the 6 (?) bolts are located. Also the torque settings would be useful
Thanks
Mike

img026.jpg

Is this any good to ya.?

Rocket_3b.JPG

Is this any good to ya.?
Yeah that's great Deano. reading that is making me think my dealer did NOT try the trick of retightening the engine bolts correctly to solve a vibration problem. Trouble is it sounds like I would need the special Triumph tool T3880063 to do it myself. Does that sound right to folks or is there an alternative?
Thanks
Mike

Hmmmm ... the reason I wanted to get this done is that on this forum and on the Triumph stand at the exhibition they suggested this retightening sequence as a possible cure for excessive vibration at 4000rpm. So I asked the dealer to do it while they had the bike in for its service tomorrow. They saud they have looked at the service manual and to do what I want is a 16 hour job. Is this likely? Has anyone done it themselves?
Thanks
Mike

In 16 hours I could remove the engine, clean it down, detail the parts of the bike that you can't normally get to, put it all back together, and go out for a very nice dinner.

:spitcoffee: :Tip-Hat:

Back