ECU Reprograming - ODBlink MX+

did the 12min engine adaptation.
some useless datapoints after15min
my radiator fan is set for 100 degress celsius
right hands side of engine is essentially 100 degrees allround
the left side of engine vary between 35 and 50 degrees celsius.
all 3 exhaust tip internal 100 degrees celsius

Last edited:
did the 12min engine adaptation.
some useless datapoints after15min
my radiator fan is set for 100 degress celsius
right hands side of engine is essentially 100 degrees allround
the left side of engine vary between 35 and 50 degrees celsius.
both exhaust tip internal 100 degrees celsius
Don’t know if there really is a difference between 12 and 15 min but this is from the manual: “…start the motor and let it running at idle for 15 min without touching the throttle. Stop the motor after the 15 min.”

been asked what does the map feels like compared to stock. firstly the bike standard makes big torque, once you get used to this you can feel the dip in how it pulls, specially in the low-to-midrange (3k-4.5K) to achieve euro 5 emission rating. how the engine/revs pulls in relation to your right hand feels more aligned. it’s more difficult to feel the difference above 70% throttle position because of the relentless grunt. slower throttle inputs feel more responsive without any wows, at least for me. the best way to illustrate the new feel is how the torque/pull strangely enough is the inverted view of my throttle map. the vertical red strips is where the standard map is throttled back. the freehand graph is how it felt standard. hope this makes sense.

IMG_0030.jpeg

Update after more serious riding. TC is now active in 3rd and a lot more in 1st and 2nd. Pulls are clean, crisp and connected to what your right hand is doing. I think it’s even more drivable than before (smooth) and it’s running cooler. Limiter is definitely removed.

So is this worth the effort and dollars? Definitely YES! I would recommend any Triumph owner with a need to improved their bikes performance. Any South Africans out here looking to tweak their pony within the Triumph lineup, let me know. best wishes

I’ve also cleaned and smoothed out rain/etv1 and road/etv2 maps.

Rain mode max throttle 44% - smooth but reluctant
Road mode max 75% - for smooth effortless touring
Sport mode at max - brutally crisp, direct but smooth. Will have to adapt throttle hand muscle memory low down, she just wants to jump out the blocks, pulling like crazy from idle! TC is a must, you will not catch this beast on loss gravel or liquids.

besides the 49 euro if was a breeze. it does require a reflash. mine shows 4 total now (factory, dealership, flash 1 for evt3, flash 2 limiter) best wishes
Any reason you didn't just flash the Penner modified tune and be done with it? That's what I will be doing because it eliminates al lot if fiddling, but some folks really enjoy the process I guess. :thumbsup:

the penner map has modifications to air, fuelling and AFR tables. i can’t get answers on details from mr penner so elected not to load that map.

Back