Earthquake in my home town

triroketman

Supercharged
Hey Everybody,
Just want to let you know that I am responsible for the earthquake, right here in my home town of Mt. Carmel, IL. Yep, it scared the hell out of me.
Imagine this, I wake up and there is this loud rumbling sound (thought it was a tornado) and the bed is shaking (which at my age doesn't happen much) and the window above the head of the bed sounds like someone is beating on it with both hands. Yep, scared the hell out of me. Good news is that I have no damage and the Rocket is A O K.
Dave

Here too.

I felt it too. Here in South East Michigan. Just after 5am. I was getting ready to get out of bed and get off to school to teach the 'students' when the bed shook.

I thought Amy blew a big one at first but when I got in the car and turned on WJR, they were talking about the 'quake'.

...............and I thought it was Amy.:D

I remember about 30 years ago, when I lved south of Cleveland we had a good one. I was standing outside in the backyard and it got real quiet, the birds quit chirping and then the ground shook and shook hard. My well water improved quite a bit after that one. The plaster walls didn't fare too well however.

The paper tonight said the quake was 5.something on the Richter Scale. It should be the rectum scale 'cause a quake tightens your rectum abruptly.

One of our dogs woke us up. He was just going nuts when the quake happened. We could just barely feel it here. It just felt like someone walked by the bed and bumped it a couple of times. I think the worst part was on the news when they were touring some woman's apartment in downtown Chicago and she was giving them a tour showing them the damage that didn't happen. What the....

Glad to hear there was nothing too serious (that I've heard of) for the people closer to it though.

Back