Dyno tuners in/near NE FLA?

SausageCreature

.020 Over
Ride
2006 R3 Classic
Anyone know of any good tuners within, say, an hour or so of Jacksonville?

I bought the bike used, and I suspect the current tune (whether stock, dealer or P.O. installed) is a bit off, since it pops on a closed throttle a bit more than I would like. Yes, I know they all pop a bit, especially those with and aftermarket exhaust (mine is a D&D 3-2 system with no cat), but mine seems a bit excessive.

I don't plan to monkey around with any further mods for the time being, so I don't wish to go through all the bother of downloading tune ecu, finding a cable, finding the right map, and posting the inevitable pleas for help when it all goes sideways. I would much prefer the Ron Popeil "set it and forget it" approach, even if it costs a few bills.

So, any info about tuners near me that do good work?

Anyone know of any good tuners within, say, an hour or so of Jacksonville?

I bought the bike used, and I suspect the current tune (whether stock, dealer or P.O. installed) is a bit off, since it pops on a closed throttle a bit more than I would like. Yes, I know they all pop a bit, especially those with and aftermarket exhaust (mine is a D&D 3-2 system with no cat), but mine seems a bit excessive.

I don't plan to monkey around with any further mods for the time being, so I don't wish to go through all the bother of downloading tune ecu, finding a cable, finding the right map, and posting the inevitable pleas for help when it all goes sideways. I would much prefer the Ron Popeil "set it and forget it" approach, even if it costs a few bills.

So, any info about tuners near me that do good work?

I went on an exhaustive search for tuners that were anywhere near me. The only one that I found that said they would take a shot at it was Star Racing in Americus GA. I have not had a chance to take mine there yet but I had a long email discussion with them and found them to be pretty straight up folks. As far as their credentials go, they built, tuned and sponsored a NHRA Pro stock team. I think that it is safe to say they know their way around bikes and horsepower.

starracing.com
800-841-STAR

Hope that helps.

Back