Fla. Captains - Let's Meet In Daytona On 3-15-14

ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
I ride up to Daytona every year for the 200 Mile Motorcycle Race. I usually do it as a day ride; leave my house at 6:00 Am - ride the 3 1/2 - 4 hours up to Daytona, stay for the Pit Walk (met Jason DiSalvo last year) and the 200 Mile Race, then leave about 4:00 and get home by 9:00 PM.

Why don't we plan to meet in the parking lot of the track between 9:00 - 11:00 and watch the race together.

For the guys here in South Florida - We can ride us as a small group.

Might be fun!

Any Interest???

I was initialy planning on riding over on the 6th, staying with some friends Thursday evening and then heading down to Daytona early Friday morning, getting my t-shirt(s) and then heading back up to Jacksonville and visit friends till Sunday and riding back to Pensacola that morning...I"ll have to see if I can change that schedule any to be their on that second weeked. I don't usually go to the races as I ride fast enough as it is on whatever I am riding at the time.

Dennis

Just wondering if there's any interest in going to the Race on 3/15. I'll be there and it might be fun to meet some of you.

Let me know.

What are the costs associated with the race?
Unlike the Daytona 500, the crowd is much, MUCH smaller. Parking is free. General Admission was, as I recall, 30.00 last year. I spent 45.00 and got the pass for Pit Row, where you were able to meet and speak with the riders prior to the race. Got Jason DiSalvo's autograph. I thought it was fun and well worth it, since you'd be right up close to the bikes. Concessions were costly - but not completely in the stratosphere.

Back