South Florida Toys In The Sun Run - 12/8/13

ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
Dania Beach is in Broward County about 2-3 miles south of downtown Fort Lauderdale. The park where the Show is held (Frost Park) is about 5 minutes south of the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport just east of US 1.

Here's the link to the 2014 show website: Dania Beach Vintage Bike Show

ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
I will definitely be there. Of course, it's about 35 minutes from my house.

Last edited:

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
I will definitely be there. Of course, it's about 35 minutes from my house.
Chicken****...the rest of us drive across the country and its in your backyard? That means you buy the beer :D:D:D

ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
Chicken****...the rest of us drive across the country and its in your backyard? That means you buy the beer :D:D:D
That can be arranged - but it's soda for me. I don't drink anything alcoholic within 12 hours of riding my Rocket (or any other bike).

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
12 hours? Really? Let me guess...you were a pilot in a former life...

ksquared

"O Captain, My Captain"
Ride
2008 Red/Black R3T
No - not a pilot - but I would have loved to have been.

Actually, it started when I was 19. I went to college in the Mid-West. I went to a NYE party at a house about 6 miles from my apt. It had snowed very hard. I got pretty blitzed on Southern Comfort. When it was time to leave, I got in the car to drive home over a route I was completely familiar with. I was so drunk, I had to stick my head out of the driver's side window so I could follow the dotted lane line - couldn't focus ahead. I swore if I got home safely, I'd never again drink and drive (or ride). That was 45 years ago. I've never had a drink within 12 hours of driving or riding since. If I have wine with dinner, or a scotch (I do love single malts) - my wife drives the rest of the night or I take a taxi home.

Rick McC.

Turbocharged
Ride
Phantom Black 2012 Rocket III Roadster
No - not a pilot - but I would have loved to have been.

Actually, it started when I was 19. I went to college in the Mid-West. I went to a NYE party at a house about 6 miles from my apt. It had snowed very hard. I got pretty blitzed on Southern Comfort. When it was time to leave, I got in the car to drive home over a route I was completely familiar with. I was so drunk, I had to stick my head out of the driver's side window so I could follow the dotted lane line - couldn't focus ahead. I swore if I got home safely, I'd never again drink and drive (or ride). That was 45 years ago. I've never had a drink within 12 hours of driving or riding since. If I have wine with dinner, or a scotch (I do love single malts) - my wife drives the rest of the night or I take a taxi home.

Good on ya!

I never drink while operating a boat or motorcycle.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of R3Owners. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker for R3Owners.Net.

I've Disabled AdBlock