Drive shaft spline lube

No apologies warranted, mate, as lubing one's splines is an essential servicing that could cost one very dearly if not done at proper intervals![/QUOTE]

I am sorry TriumPhil ... that line sent my mind right into the gutter. The double entendre was just too overwhelming.

Bill, are you confusin' the lubin' involved?

decorated-ky-jelly-slogan-camper-van-B0N5PB.jpg

Just got done doing one of mine, with Caterpillar copper based never seize. And it is a slight ***** getting the splines lined up on the go back together. I'd read about using string, but wound up wadding up the end of the string enough to push under the spline shaft, and after some wiggling and cussing, got her engaged, then was able to pull the string wad out.:banghead:
That's the process exactly. Cursing.

Just got done doing one of mine, with Caterpillar copper based never seize. And it is a slight ***** getting the splines lined up on the go back together. I'd read about using string, but wound up wadding up the end of the string enough to push under the spline shaft, and after some wiggling and cussing, got her engaged, then was able to pull the string wad out.:banghead:
You must not have been holding your face straight all I do is stick her in their Cock her a little wiggler up a little bit so it picks the shaft up and slide it in.

Corrected

Last edited:
Corrected above. Never used any string ice or other crazy ideas just scooped it up rotate a little and in they go. Anything else and your not holding your face straight :D
Is there any particular facial expression that should be adopted whilst carrying out this task?

Back