Drive shaft spline lube

I believe that Scott (warp 9.9) has been using that for years, Jim, but he sticks to the maintenance schedule, i.e., at least once every 10,000 miles.

That 8 oz. package (try Amazon or eBay in your home country) should get you 3 tire changes or one application every 10,000 miles, uhhhh, I mean every 16093.44 kms, whichever comes first, Mike. If it's stored properly, as airtight as possible, I wouldn't be overly concerned with the expiration date.

No apologies warranted, mate, as lubing one's splines is an essential servicing that could cost one very dearly if not done at proper intervals!
Phil,
The 1lb pot I found for sale in the UK was on amazon UK - no other sizes available on line but perhaps from the suppliers. As for ebay uk - USA sellers only and that was the $66 imported price. One of the sellers from USA did the 8oz tubfor $35 plus import duties of $13. Tried so many other sites but nothing that was an equivalent to the Loctite product.

Phil,
The 1lb pot I found for sale in the UK was on amazon UK - no other sizes available on line but perhaps from the suppliers. As for ebay uk - USA sellers only and that was the $66 imported price. One of the sellers from USA did the 8oz tubfor $35 plus import duties of $13. Tried so many other sites but nothing that was an equivalent to the Loctite product.

Yes I looked too. It looks like it's coming out at £49. 32p on e bay for the Loctite version. in a 1lb can. Looks like that's the one though.

This UK site from the mfr., Henkel, should help you to locate a local dealer/ supplier, Mike. Select "where to buy" from left hand column, then select "local dealer" and enter your location...

Where to buy - Loctite

Back