Do I need a cat bypass pipe?

Big Head

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring Trike
I have a 2015 Rocket a III a Touring and am installing tors. Do I also need a cat bypass pipe or will Tors take care of it? If I do need it, how is the best way to get one? Thanks guys

How do I get rid of the cat?
sorry @Big Head I deleted my answer because I didn't think I was really giving you a good answer..

To clarify, I basically suggested that because the touring has the cats in the pipe, I "guessed" that the TORS probably keep a Cat in there for legal emission reasons, but I may be wrong..

Time for someone who actually knows to step up! :sick:

For what it's worth here is a sound demo:

No cats in the touring TORS, and bigger diameter outlets, I have been Toying with the idea of under bike cross over "box" as it could not flow efficiently being square just got to find the right one.

Maybe try MEERKAT Exhausts up in Gympie .. know he was making really neat cat-deletes for the Standard models.

As stated above, installing TORS on the Touring removes the cats. The standard crossover can still be used and is probably OK unless you're really chasing optimum performance from the set up. As Cusso suggests, a freer flowing crossover could also be used to get a bit more out of the TORS and also improved sound i.e. probably deeper.

No cats in the touring TORS, and bigger diameter outlets, I have been Toying with the idea of under bike cross over "box" as it could not flow efficiently being square just got to find the right one.

Maybe try MEERKAT Exhausts up in Gympie .. know he was making really neat cat-deletes for the Standard models.
Are you talking about the crossover under the bike? If I can remember correctly the Tours and Roadster has the same crossover. You can get one from Staintune using the part number near the bottom of the page.

http://staintune.com.au/collections/triumph/products/triumph-rocket-roadster

If that's the case MEERKAT will be able to help you out and be a swag cheaper than Staintune I'd bet.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. If putting Tors on my Rocket III Touring removes the catalytic converter, then why do I need a crossover pipe? Again thanks for explaining to a newbie

Back