Decent quality BT headset?

RazMan

Rocket Addict
Ride
2022 R3 GT, 2011 America
Having set up my R3GT bluetooth connectivity nicely, I was appalled by the tinny sounds coming from my Sena SMH5 intercom. Everything connects and works as it should but the sound quality is just horrible. I am not expecting hifi by any means but surely there has to be something better than this? Oh and before anyone makes the inevitable suggestion to wear ear-buds, I find them too isolating (from traffic noises) and painful to wear inside a helmet.

So what is the answer guys?

Last edited:
There's this helmet from Sena with Harman Kardon speakers.
Product
  • The Sena Impulse offers an unmatched audio experience with SOUND BY Harman Kardon. Both the speakers and microphone were created with the audio experts at Harman Kardon to provide world-class sound inside of this motorcycle helmet. The Impulse’s interior design was optimized by Sena to provide plush acoustic dampening for the SOUND BY Harman Kardon speakers. The precisely placed premium speakers and interior acoustic design combined with the all-new microphone allow the Impulse to deliver an UNPRECEDENTED motorcycling auditory experience. The speakers send crystal clear audio to riders’ ears while the microphone, with a newly designed sensor, provides robust performance for voice communication while riding.

There's this helmet from Sena with Harman Kardon speakers.
Product
  • The Sena Impulse offers an unmatched audio experience with SOUND BY Harman Kardon. Both the speakers and microphone were created with the audio experts at Harman Kardon to provide world-class sound inside of this motorcycle helmet. The Impulse’s interior design was optimized by Sena to provide plush acoustic dampening for the SOUND BY Harman Kardon speakers. The precisely placed premium speakers and interior acoustic design combined with the all-new microphone allow the Impulse to deliver an UNPRECEDENTED motorcycling auditory experience. The speakers send crystal clear audio to riders’ ears while the microphone, with a newly designed sensor, provides robust performance for voice communication while riding.
I spotted the Sena Impulse some time ago and thought it might be the answer to my dreams but their sizes are not right for me (3XL) and my choices are a bit limited. So far I have found that Scorpion and Icon are the only ones that fit reasonably well. I have just bought the Icon Airflite Ultrabolt and just need to install decent speakers. JBL do a good 45mm driver, coupled with a Cardo unit which comes in at hefty £300!

Back