HansO's modified 20228 MAP in the resources here fixed it for me. It's like a different bike. I love it. Probably only good if you've deleted the Cat and added ramair though.

Keep an eye open for the gas milage u r getting.

The decel pop is a sure sign your engine is running too lean and you'll be losing power. Opening exhausts pumps more air. If you dont add more fuel you dont get combustion until it gets to the exhaust where it ignites due to heat it then backfires and pops.

Hideous sound as its the sound of unesessary power loss. Especially as R3s are so easy to access with Tune ECU to sortthis.

Simply add more fuel on the L Tables in Tune ECU or there are plenty of good maps.

Amazing how many badly tuned bikes you hear at the races then. Cars too.
It is amazing, you all like the pop....let them pop I choose to easily fix it. Zero throttle has nothing to do with performance so maybe they just don't care in a racing application or maybe the extreme RPM's they run at with wide open exhaust also has something to do with it.

We have seen a lot of opinions and i have learned a few things.
It is nice to know that the noise can be stopped without adding 10 percent across the board.
I dont think i have a problem so i will keep enjoying the noise (and try to be respectful of others) and recomend vendex1963 fix for the guys that have the problem.

Amazing how many badly tuned bikes you hear at the races then. Cars too.
Big difference between a drag car with savage cam overlaps though, I don't here F1 cars and bikes backfiring out the exhaust, turbo vehicles with wastegates will and attached is bikes being dyno tuned, not just to show the lack of exhaust backfire but for pure entertainment 🙂. The panigale at start is great.

If it backfires on the throttle close its probably (but not always) lean on the open too.

Anyway enjoy just for he bike thrashing.

The decel pop is a sure sign your engine is running too lean and you'll be losing power. Opening exhausts pumps more air. If you dont add more fuel you dont get combustion until it gets to the exhaust where it ignites due to heat it then backfires and pops.

Hideous sound as its the sound of unesessary power loss. Especially as R3s are so easy to access with Tune ECU to sortthis.

Simply add more fuel on the L Tables in Tune ECU or there are plenty of good maps.
Check crossover pipe for air leak before anything...

Back