ryding stock and really disliked the large amount (and loud) decel pops, loading the optimal map made it almost completely go away. it's way more acceptable now.

I'm not a fan of decel pop, sounds like a bad tune to me. Do you have a Power Commander installed? adding fuel to the zero throttle positions will eliminate the pop. Add it from 1250RPM and up.

Attachments

• current map.jpg
    current map.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 57
when u open up the pipes u allow air to enter the exhaust so at the right rpm the gas ignites and u get a bang.
dropping more gas in is a waste or gas hard on plugs
i know i have never compared to see what afr is when u add gas.
just my opinion

when u open up the pipes u allow air to enter the exhaust so at the right rpm the gas ignites and u get a bang.
dropping more gas in is a waste or gas hard on plugs
i know i have never compared to see what afr is when u add gas.
just my opinion
It's only adding gas for seconds and I have an air/fuel gauge and wideband o2 on mine, the air/fuel ratio is still lean on decel just not as much. When out on a ride how much time is spent at zero throttle above 1250 rpm, seconds..that's why under 1250 is left alone so idle isn't effected.

That decel popping is to me, a hideous sound.
When I'm decelerating I like a nice smooth sounding decent down to speed, no bangin' and poppin'
Yes, as others have said, adding fuel at the zero throttle position will eliminate it.

some people just don't have any taste :laugh: :laugh::roll::roll::roll:

Back