Dave Platt Roadster Outlaw System - Gasket Fitment Issue

ozymandias

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket Roadster 2010
I am about to fit a Dave Platt Outlaw system in place of the TOR's the bike was fitted with. The DP system is secondhand but like new, no damage. Has anyone made the same/similar changeout? Only issue I am having is fitting the silencer/exhaust gaskets (new), I am using genuine Triumph exhaust gaskets (P/N T2208419) The thickness of the gaskets thought to be the problem, that said it could just be me. I have made sure that where the exhaust clamp(s) fits that the opening is not closed up due to previously being installed. Do you insert the gasket into the silencer's first and offer up to the downpipe&crossover pipe, or... do you put the gasket onto the male end and then offer up the silencer? Hope that makes sense.
Any tips on fitting the gaskets/exhaust system welcome,

Funnily enough I've got single side outlaw to fit in the next day or so. I've had it for a few months as spotted it on eBay going cheap. I'll let you know how I get on

Funnily enough I've got single side outlaw to fit in the next day or so. I've had it for a few months as spotted it on eBay going cheap. I'll let you know how I get on
I have removed the TORS system - Was a simple task. I have the Dave Platt link pipe and what I have found, is that both the ends require the larger gasket (Item 19) This is the one for the downpipe to the collector box. I would imagine that this is the gasket you will require

Back