When I had a car tyre on the back of my Rocket I can honestly say that I noticed no improvement whatsoever in handling, braking or ride comfort. There wasn’t even any financial saving nor increase in mileage. In fact pretty much all it did was add weight and had an extremely detrimental effect on the bike’s capability to carry a passenger. So nothing positive to report at all, only negatives.

827C71C5-5DAE-4CF0-AE69-C97648671FD5.jpeg

Sorry, there was an upside. I got my car back on the road without needing to resort to the space saver spare.

Wish I could claim to be in the first category, but I managed only 130,000 miles.
I have no idea how you managed it. When I got the bike I couldn't get proper tires on it fast enough. It handled like a loaded cement truck in turns, and over 100 mph it shook like a belly dancer's hips. The first time somebody asked what I was going to call her, I said the Deathtrap.
Now since she has motorcycle tires she handles like a dream, even past the end of the speedo.

I have no idea how you managed it. When I got the bike I couldn't get proper tires on it fast enough. It handled like a loaded cement truck in turns, and over 100 mph it shook like a belly dancer's hips. The first time somebody asked what I was going to call her, I said the Deathtrap.
Now since she has motorcycle tires she handles like a dream, even past the end of the speedo.
YEP I had the same expierience when I ran the car tire that came on the CF RIM it destroyed the handing cant understand why anyone would do that to their bike BUT I trashed the CT and mounted a MICHELIN COMMANDER 2 and the handling was restored to excellent

Last edited:
I enjoyed that read...my rear tyre has barely given me 6000 km so far and theres not much left, so I'm weighing it up for the change.

It’s the only way to go especially on long rides .
I have two rims and just swop them over for long rides .
Getting 25000 km out of the car tyer

Back