question for you darksiders

triroketman

Supercharged
Do you guys worry about the tire washing out on a curve? Do you still scrape floorboards or foot pegs regularly without worry? My local tire guy is getting me a Cooper Zeon 2XS and will be mounting it next week. I just hope I like it. In the back of my mind I still worry. Can someone put my mind at ease.
Dave

Ty's a rocket ridin son of a gun ain't he?
I'd sure like to see his bike in person.
Heck, I'd just like to meet him..
Seems like a real good guy in the e-mail exchanges I've had with him.

As far as puttin your mind at ease..
I won't be going back to a MC tire on mine.
I like the fact it handles great in the water,
no more worrying about hydroplaning period.
It does take a little time to get use to it, but well worth it in my mind.
Cost, plus longevity really ain't the factor or concern.
Ease of mind and handling is.
I test rode the thunderbird yesterday.
Nice little bike.
After becoming accustomed to the Raptor and riding nearly everyday to work and around, the thunderbird handled like a foreign object, I could throw it around like it weighed a couple of pounds.
Also had to ride the hd yesterday as after the test ride, LeAnn (wife) wanted to try the Rocket out, which put me on another foreign object.
thats coming from a guy that rode hd's exclusivly most of my life..

Last edited:
cooper tire

I also bought a cooper zeon 2xs 225/55/r16 to put on my bike. Have just put a metz on the rear but am taking it off. can the metz be taken off without damaging the tire?
rider

Ty's a rocket ridin son of a gun ain't he?
I'd sure like to see his bike in person.
Heck, I'd just like to meet him..
Seems like a real good guy in the e-mail exchanges I've had with him.

As far as puttin your mind at ease..
I won't be going back to a MC tire on mine.
I like the fact it handles great in the water,
no more worrying about hydroplaning period.
It does take a little time to get use to it, but well worth it in my mind.
Cost, plus longevity really ain't the factor or concern.
Ease of mind and handling is.
I test rode the thunderbird yesterday.
Nice little bike.
After becoming accustomed to the Raptor and riding nearly everyday to work and around, the thunderbird handled like a foreign object, I could throw it around like it weighed a couple of pounds.
Also had to ride the hd yesterday as after the test ride, LeAnn (wife) wanted to try the Rocket out, which put me on another foreign object.
thats coming from a guy that rode hd's exclusivly most of my life..
Well put!

I also bought a cooper zeon 2xs 225/55/r16 to put on my bike. Have just put a metz on the rear but am taking it off. can the metz be taken off without damaging the tire?
rider
I too ride on the very same tire. I ran 45 psi to start to take advantage of the "rounded" profile. I will suggest this to new darksiders; however, this higher PSI ate up half my tread life. I lowered to 34 and it has squared the corners at bit. It would be a noticeable difference for a new convert, but unnoticeable within inner circle of the darkside realm.

Fortunately I regularly travel well surfaced roads and my darksider performs exceptionally. I won't go back either. That is until Jesus or some other wiseman convinces me that Im wrong.

As for taking off a Metz without damage: Home operators with cheapo Harbor Freight or other sourced tire equipment likely had to cut the tire off. I know I did. There is insufficient well in the wheel to work with tire irons, normally.

Last edited:
Thanks HeR3Tic,
A tire dealer is going to change it out for me. They do a lot of tires for high performance cars so sure they have state of the art equipment.
rider

I don't take corners on my Rocket like I do on my Tiger. But, I ain't skeered of scraping the Rocket's floorboards either and have the wear bar scrapes to prove it. :D

Pull your disc brake off....you don't want them mucking that up. I have the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 245/50-16 on and you can't put a bigger car tire on the Rocket. The 1st 20 miles my stomache was in a knot and I was wondering if I had made the right decision. 9,000 miles later on the same tire. I love it, yes it corners different but very well. Yes it wants to fall into the low grooves in the road at slow speeds....I deal with it. If I was given a choice of a new rear tire at no charge:rolleyes: Put those dang onion skins on someone elses bike. Free motorcycle tire or buy another car tire. I'd pull out the money clip and get the car tire.

Back