Jamie

Living Legend
Tour de France, reportedly the most prestigious bicycle race, just won a few minutes ago by an American, i.e. Floyd Landis. Floyd succeeds another American, Lance Armstrong. I know doodley squat about bicycle racing but I did watch Floyd on the telly and he has been nothing short of fantastic on French Alpine roads well known to me. Another thing: His sponsor is a small cap Swiss company called Phonak. Congrats:bch:

Those guys are true athletes. I didn't watch as much this year as in the past partly because of the 'Lance factor.' However it was nice to see an American win again just when the French thought they had a shot again.

I wonder how the French Tour committee is going to handle another "Yankee" victory. I'm certain they are going to screen his blood and urine samples to no end.. They will always resent Americans winning the Tour since Lemond beat Fignon by 8 secs on the last leg in Paris , the supposedly ceremonial ride...:cool:

Painful Win

Considering he will soon have a hip replacement........ I can't imagine how he made such a great come back from being over 8 minutes behind to win the whole sha-bang. These guys must be 6% body fat and probably have a standing heart rate of 12! Talk about complex carbohydrates. They can probably eat tons and not gain an ounce.

I thought the French didn't like Americans until I spent some time there. That's when I realized they don't even like each other. On the holiday that celebrates the founding of Paris.....most locals leave! As far as the Tour........ somebody tell the French officials to not let people jump in front of the riders and block their view of the race course. Remember Lance getting hooked on that woman's purse strap a few years ago. I'm thinking the lead motorcycles could have attachments installed on the front like the old Railroad steam locomotives. They had a pointed "cow catcher" to move things off the track before the wheels got there.

Let's also give a hand to the team that rode with him and like Lance's team......probably had a lot to do with his victory.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Bicycle racing: WTF?

Heard on the radio 10 minutes ago that Floyd has been tested positive. Urine sample routinely taken right after his Morzine triumphant return. That is, before his eventual victory in Paris. He and Swiss sponsor Phonak to ask for a second independent lab opinion.

Oh sh**. :mad:

Here we go. I hope it's a bogus result but I can't believe that with the scandal that preceeded the Tour that anybody would be messing with with any kind of drugs etc. That is plain stupid..........:( :(

Interesting posts...
...particularly for a French reader.

Not very easy to understand what is the problem that have some US guys with the French people.

But it doesn't matter,

we all know that it's impossible to win "le tour the France" without anabolics and that's no new ! :D

I, as an American, have to side with TrackerJack.... I couldn't do that ****... how in the hell do they do that??? Is there politics?? Ya think?? I have a relative that does that... It's insane:D

Back