Not very easy to understand what is the problem that have some US guys with the French people

There seems to be a perception that the French people are looking down their noses at us "Ugly Americans". I've never been to France, so I have no experiance on the subject.

Also some slight political differances?:eek:

I don't like to talk politics, there are too many motorcycles that need riding.;)

wilbur-t said:
There seems to be a perception that the French people are looking down their noses at us "Ugly Americans". I've never been to France, so I have no experiance on the subject.

Also some slight political differances?:eek:

I don't like to talk politics, there are too many motorcycles that need riding.;)

"There seems to be a perception that the French people are looking down their noses at us "ugly Americans"."

From the other side of the pond, It seems that you are strongly believing in that fact.
(I'm not sure that the American medias gives you the true image of France.)
I can affirm that it's not the reality here.
There's several reasons for that. This is one of them, here in Normandie not far from Omaha beach :

But I agree with you that the president Bush is not popular here !
The frenchies have no feeling with that man.

"Also some slights political differences"

For sure ! But that's not a reason to consider you as "ugly Americans".
It's not a bad thing to have sometimes a different point of vue.

"I don't like to talk politics, there are too many motorcycles that need riding"

I agree with you Wilburs ! :bch:

Since I was born in France and moved to the States when I was 4 and who still have relatives there I can say that most French people don't have too many bad things to say about the Americans, however their dislike of Bush is equaled by my dislike of French politics. The French government has bent over and lifted their skirts way too many times on internal and foreign issues. The cultureral snobs that run the country are elitist that I find a growning dislike for.

Back