Custom Ram Air Intake

the're open

I cut the rubber tops out of them. To tell the truth I have never opened them at speed. Read some where that these filters dident't flow enough air,so I did this just to see the difference. Well they do flow enough. I can reach down and open them but I really diden't see much differance at 30 to 50 MPH. Mabey at higher RPMs and speeds. Really impresses the kids on the ****** rockets. If I were to run the quater mile I would open them. Tempered wire runs through them from the bottom of filter to the plexaglass tops. I just push to open and pull down to close. Fun Fun. I need a job. Lol

busajack,
Your bike is really tight! That flap blocking the air getting to the K&Ns is a great idea by the way. What kind of numbers are you getting with your setup?

talltxguy

There isn't even a car dino in this town. All I know is my bike walks away from every other rocket I have raced. My brother in law has a rocket, and every time I try something new we go out and play, so I call him my dino. Cheap way to see If I,am gaining or not since we are both at the same altitude, temp, humidity, etc. Better than a dino on different days. We usually do 50 to 80 MPH roll ons so we leave the rider equation out of it. Oh ,we both weigh within 5 lbs of each other. Shoot this is to much fun for an old fart....Jack

Back