R-III-R Turbo

Mine is the biggest :)
Ride
2472cc Supercharged Carpenter Rocket III Stroker
Anyone in UK or US preferably have a good contact for chroming?

Both metal and plastics.

I've got some work done in a couple places in UK but it's mediocre quality on the metals (see clutch reservoir cap vs the reservoir), and the plastics were terrible.

cheerz

What I am seeing here is poor polishing prior to the plating.
Plating like any coating/painting is only as good as the preparation, the lines in the body of the reservoir body are simply brush marks from the buffing wheel.
If you can find an independent polisher then you may get a good job.
Possibly in future you could ask to see the product after it's polished but prior to plating.
I know this stuff as I do all the polishing prior to coating/chroming myself on all my products.

T150 Trident 3 into 1.

!cid_5F0D47F073FF45228727FA141020808C@PaulPC.jpg

Polished ready for plating.

IMG_20131119_131959.jpg

I doubt that it's worth sending anything out to me to have this done for you, but if I could help .......

thanks for the offer Paul, but i'm afraid it'd be a bit unfeasible postage wise unless you were chroming them too :D
it's true, they sell you a dream service of all this cleaning and buffing and then triple plating,,, yeah right...

Yea' Sales people make a big deal out of "Triple Chrome Plated" Woopie ! :p
Standard, ordinary chrome plating is copper plating, then Nickle plating then Chrome plating.
let me see, that's 1, 2, 3 plating process's, that must be Triple Chrome plating :D
I do have a very good chrome plater here in NZ, Custom Chrome is the name of the Business, Jono and his Wife Eva are into bikes them selves, this makes a difference !
Also, Jono's Father started the Business way back in the 70's I guess, Gisborne Elctroplaters as they were known then always had a very good name.

Still, I'm sure you must be able to find some one in the U.K. that can do the job properly.

There are folks who still do chrome plating. Challenge is the process is toxic and the EPA has gradually turned the screws on the open vat folks, and many of the mom and pop chromers couldn't afford to purchase the closed systems required for environmental regulations. I would look in the antique car groups for the latest listings of still-in-business folks.

Back