Totally of topic - but I am rather impressed with the anti-drop protection Victory built into the Vision. Was actually one reason I went to "test" one. Rather boring to ride. But the dealer had R3's ---- the rest is simple to imagine.

Totally of topic - but I am rather impressed with the anti-drop protection Victory built into the Vision. Was actually one reason I went to "test" one. Rather boring to ride. But the dealer had R3's ---- the rest is simple to imagine.

Before I bought my wife a Rocket, and before the T-Bird came out, which is what I wanted,
I mean to get her, I went to the Triumph, Victory, Indian dealer in Tulsa.
I still had imaginings of her riding with me, not beside me, cause she rode the harley.
Anyway the salesman said look at this, (it was a full dressed Vision), he kicked the kickstand out from under it,
and it wouldn't fall over.. I liked that part, but two test rides later, even with all the bells and whistles it just wasn't a ride I wanted to endure,
so I was glad she said she didn't like it. It's more fun with her beside me anyway.

Batman invented the Vison

474_main_f.jpg

I have a brand new set of front dresser bars by triumph. I buffed them withscotchbrite and painted them flat black for my Roadster. That was a prelude to powder coating them. Didn't like the look and tey are on the shelf. Hell of a deal if anyone is interested. The scotchbite barely dulled the. Might polish back up. Again, real cheap.
later
BTW, thene and improved 1 1/4 bars are rigid.

Where are you Frank ?? I'm after a set just to mount highway pegs on. Not worried about the colour..

BUT that is not necessarily a PLUS. Most engine protection stuff is deliberately designed to distort and absorb energy rather than transmit that energy into more expensive things like frames and more so engines. I have the Triumph ones. Sadly I missed out on the massive 2" stainless versions from Germany. Seems they stopped making them.

Here they are, they make my 1.1/2" handlebars look small
Had mine a couple of years now but
Website says they have them in stock
www.v4a.eu/Rocket3.htm

Sh*t I forgot how dam handsome I am

I have just purchased some triumph crash bars for the rear , My question is when fitting them do I need longer bolts to do this? It appears they attach behind the shocks and the rear foot pegs but there doesnt seem to be much space for them to slot in.

Mine went straight on using the existing bolts

Here they are, they make my 1.1/2" handlebars look small
Had mine a couple of years now but
Website says they have them in stock
www.v4a.eu/Rocket3.htm
Sh*t I forgot how dam handsome I am

They look really good.A big bike like the Rocket needs big diameter bars to suit .

Do you understand how the smaller part bolts on and what its for? Ive got a belly pan and Im worried it will interfere with that.

I have a brand new set of front dresser bars by triumph. I buffed them withscotchbrite and painted them flat black for my Roadster. That was a prelude to powder coating them. Didn't like the look and tey are on the shelf. Hell of a deal if anyone is interested. The scotchbite barely dulled the. Might polish back up. Again, real cheap.
later
BTW, thene and improved 1 1/4 bars are rigid.

Hey Frank, if you are still following this thread, please check your PM. I'm interested in the bars.

They look really good.A big bike like the Rocket needs big diameter bars to suit .

Do you understand how the smaller part bolts on and what its for? Ive got a belly pan and Im worried it will interfere with that.

It's a chin spoiler, a seperate part not needed to fit with the bars just extra bling, so I have it too.
But will not fit with belly pan.

Back