Show us your custom bars

Dyna494

.040 Over
I think the Rocket would look a lot better with fatter bars, say 1.25" or 1.5". Even better if the wiring was threaded internally.

Any one that changed thier bars what did you go for and why?

Again photo's would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry I just put oln the Classic bars and called it "good."

There are a few out there with T-bars. You might search those threads.

My wife says if I change one more thing I might as well buy a Harley!

I went with the Harley Dresser pull backs- sucked because the R3 is bigger and seating is back a little more. So one more trip to Ebay and I purchased a set of 10" rise with 10" pull back fat bars, 1.5" I believe. Routed the wires inside , and am Happy with them.

I'll have to find the pics and post them.

..go with the 1 & 1/2" thunderbike bars..mine are on the stock risers, but I want to put them on the rivcos I already have, but I have to get a longer bake line..

I went for 1" bars from a HD Nightster. They are narrower and pull you further forward, which helps me stay on. With standard bars the SC will pin you back so violently you can't shut the throttle until the rev limiter cuts in. :wink:

I changed the naff mirrors since this was taken. :oops:

Perdurabo said:
I went for 1" bars from a HD Nightster. They are narrower and pull you further forward, which helps me stay on. With standard bars the SC will pin you back so violently you can't shut the throttle until the rev limiter cuts in. :wink:

I changed the naff mirrors since this was taken. :oops:

Move the rev limiter Brother :D
Mine at 6800 so with the tach being off I just shift at 7000.
I use the classic bars but have the drivers back rest to keep me in the seat :D

here's a older shot but a good one of the bars

warp, it's nice to see you giving credit where credit was due (in your signature line) Good on you. I only just now noticed it.

I did the same as Greyfox (10" x 1.25"), in fact I think I got the idea from one of his earlier posts. Bit of a pain extending the cables etc... but it was worth it.

Looking to replicate the footpeg rails (also 1.25") an install some forward controls to make it nice an comfy.

Back