zimtuff

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Trimuph Rocket
I bought some Rivco dresser bars but didnt realise they were only 1 inch diameter compared to the Triumph genuine ones which are 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch.
As I have the rear triumph bars ,I want the front to match.
1 inch bars look too puny on a big bike like the R3

Would it be hard to fabricate something to match a similar profile of the Rivco?

Ill probably sell the Rivco bars when Im finished.

The Rivco ones are a dam sight tougher tho...+, having ridden a mates bike with them on, I swear his frount end feels more braced than with the Triumph ( soft) ones.

Looking to buy a pair, read here that the NEW Triumph bars are bigger diameter and better. How do they compare to the Rivco? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Looking to buy a pair, read here that the NEW Triumph bars are bigger diameter and better. How do they compare to the Rivco? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Both will only save the bike in a parking area type accident.I doubt either would do much in a 80 klm slider

Both will only save the bike in a parking area type accident.I doubt either would do much in a 80 klm slider

I ran up the back of a guy a few months ago, hit the deck and skidded about 6' and all I did was bend the front crash bar a bit. If it wasn't for the HWY pegs digging in I reckon it wouldn't have even bent that much. I ride an R3T and not a mark on the panniers. So I think the Triumph ones are pretty good. Nothing will stand and 80k stack.

If the Rivco bars were the next size up in diameter,they would be even tougher.
BUT that is not necessarily a PLUS. Most engine protection stuff is deliberately designed to distort and absorb energy rather than transmit that energy into more expensive things like frames and more so engines. I have the Triumph ones. Sadly I missed out on the massive 2" stainless versions from Germany. Seems they stopped making them.

BUT that is not necessarily a PLUS. Most engine protection stuff is deliberately designed to distort and absorb energy rather than transmit that energy into more expensive things like frames and more so engines. I have the Triumph ones. Sadly I missed out on the massive 2" stainless versions from Germany. Seems they stopped making them.

I only want the new ones made to the same size as the Triumph bars,mainly for aesthetics ,but I understand where you are coming from.
Do you have a pic of these German bars?

Back