Cost for 2nd service (10,000 mile)

I hate to swell Tomo's head to the point where he can't wear his hat, but a good mechanic well versed in modern technology with good basic diagnostic skills is worth his weight in gold.
AMEN

Jack:

I'm kind of waiting for Tomo to chime in on this thread and at least tell me if my local wrench is chock full of turds or if he speaks with straight tongue. I never knew you could gage if a valve train was out of adjustment via a compression check but Adam seems to know his **** especially about bikes and about oil. He did tell me that continued use of synthetic oil with a high Moly content can eventually lead to premature clutch slippage, even a JASO certified oil for wet clutches without a friction modifier. Like I said, I'm waiting for Tomo on that one......He must be out feeding the cats....

Has anyone needed the valves adjusted at 10000miles or even 20000miles, one guy downunder checked his at 50000 and all were okay?:D

Scot:

That's my rub with the dealer, especially after what Adam said to me about never even breaking the valve cover seal. Where is the beef that goes with the bill.....:confused:

I too got my Rocket at PVT of Chattanooga. Also got an awesome deal, and a 10% discount on accessories. I can see another trip to CHA for my 10k check up, though I'll have to get another gallon of Amsoil. Mike V. and the rest are Super. I had a local MC resort www.29Dreams.com do the rear swap for $288 and I was out the door, inside two beers.

HeR3tic,
Mike Vaughn was my salesman also, and has become a friend. Les in the service dept is a great resource for questions, and everyone else is great to deal with.

I am also headed to 29dreams in oct. for the ahrma races at Barber. Any other rockets gonna be there?

Im gonna look into the other destination you mentioned.

Flip

I wasen't going to say anything but unless theres something new out there he's pumping sunshine up your ass..Even a leak down test can not tell valve lash.I have discussed this with a couple of wrenches I run with..Unless Its noisey as hell (the noisier It Is the safer It is)or farting through the intake or exhuast dont even bother with the valve ck..When you get the manual you will see how easy it is to check to make yourself feel better..You know you can do it..Your just getting lazy like most of us..Crazy Jack

Chattanooga Rocket

I have a dealer @ 60 miles from me, Castle Powersports in Nashville. I bought my rocket at Southern Powersports in Chattanooga@ 120 miles from me. My 500 mile service at chatt. ran me @170.00, because I had to buy two gallons of oil at 48.00 per to have enough to refill the tank. My 10,000 mile service at chatt ran me@ 130.00, because I took the remainder oil from 1st change back to them and they happily used it to top me off. A great bunch of people to deal with, bikers that are not out to rip anybody off. Sold me my bike for @ 1500.00 less than Castle would, and without the attitude.

Castle is where I got caught in an emergency, and had to have a rear tire put on, NOW!!!
Castle charged me 337.00 to put a Metzler on the rocket, and still had an attitude about it. NOT the guys turning wrenches, I dont have a problem with them, but the guys at the desks have always been voids surrounded by sphincters every time I have walked in.

I wish I knew of a shop close by like Flip has found, but I do technical maintenance on cnc machining equipment for a living, so when my warranty runs out, I will do my own work, with a service manual of course. Til then, I will ride to chatt whenever possible.
Gotta get a front tire soon......bacroads over Monteagle mountain.....YESSSS!
Was that Super Street Customs in Ring-gold? I purchased a Rocket 3 Tourer there this past Monday. I was at Castle the previous weekend where I did a test ride on their Rocket. We couldn't get together and I got mine $1650 cheaper in Chattanooga. Sound familiar? The salesman at Castle did do a f/u call but didn't budge on price, he just wanted to see if I had changed my mind. W.L. at Super Street quoted me the 500 mile service at $240- ouch. I may do that but after that I'll service mine if there are no issues. Just so happens I live less than 10 miles from Monteagle and it's a pleasant drive to Chattanooga. Where did you find a good service manual? Thanks..

Back