Corbin beetle bags

I have the Corbin bags, and they are wonderfully beautiful as well as practical and well made. I recently rode 2200 kilometres with them, a lot of it in heavy rain - no drama.
You can also clean everything pretty well 100% without removing the bags, and in any case they enhance the Rocket's looks so much that I never take them off.
I used to have the Triumph bags, which are well made and funtional. However I could never come to grips with the look, nor the clunky and heavy mounting system. I checked out all bags on Planet Earth, and nothing comes within a hundred miles of the Corbins. They are expensive, but I am afraid one has to pay for greatness....
Cheers,
Vikei

Roadhousecharley said:
I had a minor alignment issue with a lower bracket and had to lower my rear turn signals to keep the license plate relocator. Also had to shim out the rear on 1 side because it was too close to the fender.
Roadhouse, also watch out for leaving enough clearance between the muffler and the bottom of the bag. Mine was too close and burned the paint and lining of the bag - Corbin repaired it at no charge, but it was a hassle. Since then, whenever I need to remove the Beetles, I stick a 1" piece of wood between the muffler and bag to be sure I keep the right clearance when I tighten them back up. (Only happens on the Starboard - 2 pipe side). :roll:

Trumps said:
Mtnman looks to me a tyre wouldn't go amiss or d'ya wait until it shows canvas? :lol: :lol:

I took her in to get a new tire just days after the picture. Already have 2500 on my new tire! And yes I wait till I can "see the air" in my tires.

Roadhousecharley said:
How do you raise the bags/lower the pipes?

Mine didn't come with the Heat Shield (the protective film) although Corbin did apply it after their repair of my initial damage. Even with the Heat Shield, the inside of the bag showed damage from heat transfer after the repair. My dealer and I looked at moving the exhaust, but that looked like it would need some fabrication to secure the rear bolts at a lower height

Maybe this isn't true of all BeetleBags, but the holes that were drilled for the top two mounting bolts had plenty of slop and depending on where the bottom bracket was set, the bags could ride lower or higher. What I did was loosen the lower bracket where it is attached to the frame so that it could float, then put the Beetles on the top two mounting bolts, then started all three mounting bolts without tightening them. Next I inserted the piece of wood between the bottom of the bag and the top of the exhaust and tightened the top two cap nuts. Finally I held the bottom bracket up against the bag as I tightened the bracket to the frame then tightened up the bottom bolt inside the bag.

They've been fine since then.

Thanks, just turned 51 on the 13th and took her out for quite a while this weekend. :D :shock: :D :shock: 8) Got her up to some quick shifting 80's a few times. Afraid the onset of winter is not far away :? .

Back