Coolant Hose Replacement

I made a few calls today. Seems Triumph hoses retail for $75.00. The replacement hoses from Samco were
$145.00. Basically twice the cost for Silicone hoses. It seems the Samco product gets good reviews by our group of Captains. Normally it would be a no brainier. OEM for 1/2 the price...
SO they are tried and true reliable thats good to know the hoses from the local auto stores are CRAP ive seen several fail on STEELS bike

A point of note with SAMCO (and I believe ALL Silicone hoses).

READ THE CLAMPING INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED AND FOLLOW THEM. If not you will be tracking down dribbles for ages. And expect to have to retweak as well.
I've just re-tweaked all mine AGAIN. I'm not the only one who's noticed/suffered. The silicone is softer and will displace under the clamps.

A point of note with SAMCO (and I believe ALL Silicone hoses).

READ THE CLAMPING INSTRUCTIONS SUPPLIED AND FOLLOW THEM. If not you will be tracking down dribbles for ages. And expect to have to retweak as well.
I've just re-tweaked all mine AGAIN. I'm not the only one who's noticed/suffered. The silicone is softer and will displace under the clamps.
The instructions that came with the hoses recommended re torquing the clamps after riding the bike. Did actually use a torque wrench. No problems since then at all. Way better than the stock hoses. This is defiantly a case of "You get what you pay for"

Just ordered mine and the price was down a bit due to monetary exchange I suppose. $123 in blue plus $11 shipping. Will have to wait until spring and a complete healing to install them along with a new rear tire. Can't wait.

Just ordered mine and the price was down a bit due to monetary exchange I suppose. $123 in blue plus $11 shipping. Will have to wait until spring and a complete healing to install them along with a new rear tire. Can't wait.

Sounds as you're likely making more sandwiches for our crew to come help you out, Mike?!?!? :D :thumbsup: :inlove

Sounds as you're likely making more sandwiches for our crew to come help you out, Mike?!?!? :D :thumbsup: :inlove

Not me but Karin will make a big plate of them. While the gang is visiting, perhaps we can install the Ramair too; you know, make a real day of it. :laugh:

Not me but Karin will make a big plate of them. While the gang is visiting, perhaps we can install the Ramair too; you know, make a real day of it. :laugh:

Taking off tomorrow for a couple weeks of riding and training.
I'll get something put together when I return. :D :thumbsup:

Back