Coil over plugs (COP) has anyone made the conversion?

JSHRAM

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
With all the problems with the low voltage leads crimp problems to the coils, high-voltage plug wires getting old and stuff... why did Triumph put traditional coils on this beast? The 1050 has Coil Over Plugs (COP).. why not this?

Anyone done the conversion? With the stock intake system removed there is a ton of room.

Not like I need another project, but just wondering what's out there.

Thanks!

John

Yes. Dead simple. But expensive.

Virtually no gain - if any - in performance, etc. But makes a huge difference to tidying up over the engine.

As Ruzzle said yes you can go with coil overs/ My bet is the Sprints or Speed triple will work as well as some other non Triumph bikes.You will of course need the coils and the wiring plugs (Low tension leads) [Oh ya Two complete sets since the sprints only have one plug per cylinder verses the Rockets two] that fit the coils so you can add them to the Rocket. I know you have been having some problems with your beast. If you want I could send you a set of coils to try But I do not believe it is your problem. You would be better off digging into yours and checking the low tension leads when you get back in town.

Yes. Dead simple. But expensive.

Virtually no gain - if any - in performance, etc. But makes a huge difference to tidying up over the engine.

Used Dyna coils first then changed to stick coils when Neville Lush told me about them. Got mine on ebay pretty cheap mod.

Back