Bigfoot

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic, 2007 Rocket
getting ready to change out my clutch any special tools or hints or suggestions? thanks in advance.

It is easy. Top bolt on the water pump drains the radiator. I soaked the fiber disks in oil over night. I'm not sure if it's necessary but I didn't have any problems either. If you are going with stock disks make sure you keep them in order and remember to reinstall the spring thingie that goes in first. If you go with MTC fibers. (My recommendation) or even Barnett I don't believe you have to worry about reinstalling the spring or having them in order since they are all the same thickness. Hyabusa clutches will work as well but you will have to know the right order and I'd Mic the pack to make sure it isn't too thick or thin. A good thing is to put stronger springs in there while you are reassembling the pack. actually torque the bolts when you put it all back together and sandwhich it down a few turns at a time in a criss cross patern. I didn't torque them and I haven't had problems but I've heard the factory actually builds them to break if you bolt them down too tight so I'd find that torque speck and go with that.

Don't forget to order the front cover gasket too....and don't buy the kit from triumph - cheaper to go aftermarket

Back