Clutch Advice Needed

Before you take the basket out look and see if the bike has the updated detent wheel in it. This might be important. Maybe the differences in the spring changes are directly related to the detent wheel changes?

Before you take the basket out look and see if the bike has the updated detent wheel in it. This might be important. Maybe the differences in the spring changes are directly related to the detent wheel changes?

Anyone got pictures of old and new so I can tell the difference?

I'm wondering that as well. The new wheel with the bearing in it, is about 2/3's the diameter of of the original solid wheel. That will cause the spring to travel farther, which may shorten it's life span. If so, it's still a fair trade, as the smaller wheel really improves the gear changes.

Anyone got pictures of old and new so I can tell the difference?
ok first before I forget old verses new detent spring. OLD on Top

57376_53862f37c468e068c1f1e9eacf0f5c9d.jpg

now old style detent wheel

old detent wheel and spring.jpg

now the new style in update kit and all rockets mid 08 and up at the start of the vin number break off. and to include all R3T models were supposed to be fully updated.

Detent spring area new wheel.jpg

Back