Clutch Advice Needed

Coppa

.020 Over
Ride
R111 2007 with lots of chrome + Sprint GT 2016
Just wanted a few opinions, I've got a new clutch and springs set to fit over the winter, is it worth changing the detent spring or anything else while i'm in there. No signs of trouble other than some clutch slip reported when I had a tune on a dyno earlier in this year, so what do you guys think?

Just wanted a few opinions, I've got a new clutch and springs set to fit over the winter, is it worth changing the detent spring or anything else while i'm in there. No signs of trouble other than some clutch slip reported when I had a tune on a dyno earlier in this year, so what do you guys think?

Absolutely change the detent spring while in there. It's cheeeeeeeeaaaaap!

My guess is the clutch is fine, it just needs better springs. My Roadster's clutch was slipping bad before I sent it to Carpenter for the 265 kit. All they did was add the heavier springs, and it's never slipped again.

My guess is the clutch is fine, it just needs better springs. My Roadster's clutch was slipping bad before I sent it to Carpenter for the 265 kit. All they did was add the heavier springs, and it's never slipped again.

Thanks for the feedback guys - I had it dyno'd at TTS who produce the supercharger kits in the UK, it was their opinion that stronger springs would be the answer but while I was in there I decided to change the plates as well - only done 20,000 miles but I don't intend to be taking it apart again hence the original question. So... how much more work is it to get the basket out to change the detent spring and anything else worth changing while I'm in there.

I have a spare detent spring, lifter piece, shaft etc. I put all the 75,000 mile stuff back in after my trans fiasco, it all looked fine. Figured my trans was made on Friday afternoon, but my detent spring was Wednesday all the way !

Back