Choice of rear shock absorbers.

Conmore

Standard Bore
Hi there
I post these questions on behalf of my neighbour who owns a Rocket III. Sometime ago he swapped out his stock rear shockers with Wilbers (not sure of the model) and last couple of rides he’s complaining that the dampening on the rear had diminished to the point that riding over some bumps are slamming through his back and backside. What are most owners running on the rear for a combination of performance and comfort?
Cheers

Race tech, his wilbers are probably over sprung, theyre good shocks, check his preload for him, i bet he has zero, he can get a lighter spring from wilbers, good luck
Any suggestions other than Wilbers that folks can confirm using and are happy with?

Race tech, ohlins, alot are happy with progressive, ikon, most that you have to order your spring are ok. with shocks you get what you pay for for sure. normal 2 up old man type riding progressive shocks work fine. if youre throwing it in corners with about all the bikes got race tech or ohlins id say.

Any suggestions other than Wilbers that folks can confirm using and are happy with?
Progressive shocks and springs work fine. Reasonable priced and works very well for EVERYDAY RIDING. One thing i have found is they last and are very well made. Guess you could go out and buy the more expensive ones but placing fancy shocks on a rocket (older Model ) is kind of like putting lipstick on a pig. Looks nice But:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I have Hagon nitros, definitely an improvement over stock. Ended the pogoing over certain bumps. They set them for my weight and I've never felt the need to adjust them. I believe Wilbur's are considered more a sport ride, but I have no experience with them.

Back