Changing front fork springs

SLABS

.020 Over
Is it a bid deal to change? I tried a search about how to change them and came up empty.

Shouldn't be that hard. Jack up the front end until the wheel is off the ground. Remove the handle bars, or at least get them out of the way. Put a towel / blanket / pad on the tank. Unscrew the top nut. ONE SIDE AT A TIME. It might pop up as you get close to the end of the threads. Pull out the spring. Throw in a new one. Press down gently as you start the threads. Be nice. Of course, this info is for the Touring model only.

I've never heard of anyone changing them, what's the reason? Just curious, are you adding a camper shell or something heavy enough to need different springs?

I've never heard of anyone changing them, what's the reason? Just curious, are you adding a camper shell or something heavy enough to need different springs?

I just bought some Progressive 440's and they have a promotion going on that with a pair of 440's they give you free front springs so why not use them? They have to be better than stock springs.

Back