Changing Cam cover

JMichael

.020 Over
I want a chrome cam cover on my 2011 Roadster. Is the Touring cam cover interchangeable with the black Roadster cam cover? I am looking at buying a Touring cam cover from Bike Bandit.

I have an 08 Std and bought the Classic Chrome cover fitted straight on one way to check is to ask the Spare parts guy if the Touring uses the same gasket as the Roadster (it would be a good idea to buy a new gasket and seals for the hex bolts)

they are the same. Make sure you pay attention to the gasket so it does not squeeze out when installing. Especially on the throttle body side if you not pulling them when you change it. You do not have to remove the TB to do the job just be mindfull of the gasket.

I actually found it very easy I simply removed the tank undone the coils at the frame mount and lifted them out of harms way Pay attention as Warpe said as to positioning the gasket and I would advise a new one along with the seals for the bolts also you will probally find that they used a silicon type sealant in the dips at the ends of the Cams, I used a high heat resistant gasket sealant in these arrays plus a smear along the rest to help hold it in place and iris most important to tighten the bolts down evenly and gradually

I want a chrome cam cover on my 2011 Roadster. Is the Touring cam cover interchangeable with the black Roadster cam cover? I am looking at buying a Touring cam cover from Bike Bandit.

Adding a bit of chrome to replace some of the black will only do so much. To get it actually go faster you'll need to paint all the tins a different colour. :D

Adding a bit of chrome to replace some of the black will only do so much. To get it actually go faster you'll need to paint all the tins a different colour. :D
Yeah Mitch is trying to keep up to he's ordering a Chrome Cam Cover to;):D but you said it will take a bit more than chrome to make it Faster

Back