Ceramic Front Bearings for an 08

JRock

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Standard
Can anyone point me to a vendor that makes Ceramic front wheel bearings to fit a 2008 standard?
I suspect these would fit all non Touring models, pre 2020.
I guess a generic specification of the front bearings is a good start. Anyone have that info?

Thanks in advance

1604671281106.png

Not sure why you want ceramic bearings but a lot of us have purchased C3 bearings from vxb.com. The Nachi bearing on the left is the higher spec Japanese brg many of us have used (2 of these on the front wheel). In terms of ceramic, I noticed that the center bearing shown above is a ceramic one and comes as a set of 2. Having no experience with these, I can't comment about performance/durability/quality etc etc. The bearing kit number for our bike is Kit 9705 from vxb.com. This was posted several times in the past and can be found in this previous post WHEEL BEARINGS - THE DOPE. Hope this helps.

I read the OP, went to find the link, came back and BAM! @Gregger was on it !

Thank you for your generous help.
I've read in the past that ceramic bearings have less friction and therefore lower rolling resistance.
I get paranoid when I take the beast over 120, and this stuff might give me a false sense of security ;-)

Thank you for your generous help.
I've read in the past that ceramic bearings have less friction and therefore lower rolling resistance.
I get paranoid when I take the beast over 120, and this stuff might give me a false sense of security ;-)
They do

Please let me know which ones you end up getting. Youre gonna have to call and give them the sizes, if you need let me know. All ceramic bearings are not the same, it is about friction, only, not gonna make bike safer, just less friction, do front and rear and it adds up. mostly for race bikes, these are the best per brock davidson World Wide Bearings

Back