Carpenter's cam chain tensioner

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
Well, tomorrow I drop my Rocket off at Carpenter, pretty good ride, 7 hours each way. One of the questions I forgot to ask him, I know he changed/changes the auto tensioner to a manual one, but I sort of seem to remember that Warp made an auto conversion for the manual one, is that an option now, or did he switch to using that as standard?

In all seriousness seems carpenter did a good job with your build, how often have you had to adjust your tensioner over the years

Haven't yet, I forget what exactly he said, I should check it, but he said something like "don't worry about it" or "almost never".

I really can't believe it's been 7 years, I'm really bad with timelines, everything seems like either a couple years ago or 30-40 years ago, not much in between. If you'd asked me I would have said 4-5 years as a guess.

When I came across this I liked how you’ve had no issues with engine that I’ve read in any of your post, it’s nice these engines can be juiced up and stay reliable for so long

Yep, and I'm known for being hard on equipment, what I don't tear up, I **** on.

Back