Cam specifics question

wjb

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
So I've seen in print some impressive results in horsepower from cam swaps, stock to aftermarket (Carpenter, Lush, etc) but I don't think I've ever seen any details of the specifics of those cams. Does anyone have lift and duration numbers from any of those cams? Especially duration @ .050 and lobe separation angle? Or even what the stock cam's specs are? Then we could compare the characteristics of them.

Wouldn't it though. Some people (surely not you) are so callous as to deprive another man of their livelihood, by carelessly exposing trade secrets. Even in this time of ubiquitous data, some data is worth saving.

The suppliers will usually give you enough info to install and time the cams but that's it - for the reasons Paul says!

If you are REALLY determined, you could possibly plot the lobe/valve action (they may be different) with a dial gauge and degree wheel... but why would you bother?

OEM manufacturers usually give valve operating specs in their workshop manuals. Tho that was back in the days that they would let you have a workshop manual - unlike the current Rocket seems to be!

OK, thanks guys. I come from an automotive background, mostly Mustangs of all years, and I can go on the web and see detailed cam specs on hundreds of cams for my car. Looks like I got spoiled by that.
I guess since there are so few cam suppliers for the Rocket they want to keep their profiles under wraps so as not to give the competition any secret info.

Back