Cam Chain tensioner adjust

I put the Blue set on my Rocket. Looks real good to me.
Ya have been thinking blue also. I have loaded up on engine ice so when I change the hoses I can rinse the engine with distilled water and replace the antifreeze. Maybe when I ride home the end of the month I will have time to complete the task.

Thats correct i remove the whole thing and grease the shaft splines i even removed the swing arm and greased the front end of the shaft too.i didnt just rock it backwards though i stopped on a hill selected 5th gear and let it run backwards letting the clutch out to spin the motor...ooops

False alarm,just found the rear indicator has fallen off and is hanging by the wires it swings and hits the tyre which takes it up between the tyre and the mudguard creating the clunking...sorry Warp and once again thanks
Nice one

The culprit
20170328_142651_001.jpg

She will be running tonight but beer will keep her from a test ride.
**** hooligan:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

if your talking about checking the tensioner yes.
2011_0429_202655.JPG

if you do not have the little jig or do not want to waste a large amount of money you can measure the drop while in the bike like above but using a Dial Caliper

PC160017.JPG

PC160016.JPG

If the measurement is 16 mm or more then you need the spacer which is .390" diameter by .350" long. A 10 mm bolt shank is a good place to start.

Most important

Do not attempt to start, or roll the engine over in any way while the center nut is out of the tensioner!!!!!!!!!

It will jump time which is a bucket load of work as long as you do not damage the valves and pistons. If you do well its a lot more then a bucket of work :D
I was at the dealer with rattle issue this morning and pointed them that drop in tensioner plunger has gone to 20mm and triumph recomends spacer after 16mm drop.
The guy pulled out his service manual and explained that drop need to be checked during the time of tensioner install with pushing the plunger in with finger pressure and stop where it touches the guide. Once plunger has been pushed in by spring and centre nut it becomes irrelevant to check the drop.
So my question is which procedure is correct. Open the centre nut check the drop by callipre if drop is more than 16mm put the spacer in or the one one explained by dealer.

I was at the dealer with rattle issue this morning and pointed them that drop in tensioner plunger has gone to 20mm and triumph recomends spacer after 16mm drop.
The guy pulled out his service manual and explained that drop need to be checked during the time of tensioner install with pushing the plunger in with finger pressure and stop where it touches the guide. Once plunger has been pushed in by spring and centre nut it becomes irrelevant to check the drop.
So my question is which procedure is correct. Open the centre nut check the drop by callipre if drop is more than 16mm put the spacer in or the one one explained by dealer.

I think he can't read or he is a dumb as$
put the spacer in and forget about it.
don't even think about un loading that timing chain system.

If it's ever a question over who is right, the Triumph tech or warp9.9, the answer is warp9.9.

If the tensioner is bottomed out, and the chain rattles, chances are a new chain and or guides is needed.
The spacer is there to maintain spring pressure only.. if the drop is more than 16mm then spring pressure is too low, hence the need for the spacer to restore pressure.

If it's ever a question over who is right, the Triumph tech or warp9.9, the answer is warp9.9.

If the tensioner is bottomed out, and the chain rattles, chances are a new chain and or guides is needed.
The spacer is there to maintain spring pressure only.. if the drop is more than 16mm then spring pressure is too low, hence the need for the spacer to restore pressure.
Bike is 2016 roadster with just 8000km on it. How big Are there chances of chain or guides getting wornout with these low km. On it
I have got spacer with me just worrying not to put extra pressure on the guides.

Bike is 2016 roadster with just 8000km on it. How big Are there chances of chain or guides getting wornout with these low km. On it
I have got spacer with me just worrying not to put extra pressure on the guides.
whether it is wore out or not depends on the way it has bend driven.
i think need to put spacer in and see if that helps
i think that the big question is what is the noise.
of coarse it would b nice to get another good opinion from an expert @warp9.9

Back