Cam Chain tensioner adjust

just doing a fork oil change heavier weight and putting a longer spacer in at the same time..cheers warp oh and a new tyre
Okie dokie that explains it. I'm tearing into mine slowly since I'm 1000 miles from home and do not have quite the amount of tools available. My way for the sake of removing less.
Fender and radiator bits

20170328_133446.jpg

Then radiator withot bits
20170328_121925_001.jpg

Leave hose and water pump cover on radiator right side up for those in OZ :)

20170328_133419.jpg

Ready to remove water pump and cover

20170328_133344.jpg

Just a note I leave the hoses on for proper alignment and speed of dissasemby and well if you dont upset them tgey will not leak. I'll do the same for the hose ont the pump feeding the block.

Okie dokie that explains it. I'm tearing into mine slowly since I'm 1000 miles from home and do not have quite the amount of tools available. My way for the sake of removing less.
Fender and radiator bits

20170328_133446.jpg

Then radiator withot bits
20170328_121925_001.jpg

Leave hose and water pump cover on radiator right side up for those in OZ :)

20170328_133419.jpg

Ready to remove water pump and cover

20170328_133344.jpg

Just a note I leave the hoses on for proper alignment and speed of dissasemby and well if you dont upset them tgey will not leak. I'll do the same for the hose ont the pump feeding the block.

yeah good idea leaving the hose,i tried to pull the pump along with the steel water pipe but it wouldnt come out so had to split.

Today i measured and checked the chain for wear and stretch its ok.The right side guide looked fine,so iv ordered the other guide only,and a new tensioner spring,the plunger was ok at the end.iv also ordered the cam tool.i decided to re-use the clutch lifter and shaft,as you said it doesnt look so bad compared to some iv seen on the forum.iv ordered from the uk so im expecting a weeks wait minimum.i was suprised at how slack the oil pump chain is too,but it seems thats normal.

Good luck with yours,it cant be easy a 1,000 miles from home with limited tools.Look forward to seeing what you find in there.

regards

yeah good idea leaving the hose,i tried to pull the pump along with the steel water pipe but it wouldnt come out so had to split.

Today i measured and checked the chain for wear and stretch its ok.The right side guide looked fine,so iv ordered the other guide only,and a new tensioner spring,the plunger was ok at the end.iv also ordered the cam tool.i decided to re-use the clutch lifter and shaft,as you said it doesnt look so bad compared to some iv seen on the forum.iv ordered from the uk so im expecting a weeks wait minimum.i was suprised at how slack the oil pump chain is too,but it seems thats normal.

Good luck with yours,it cant be easy a 1,000 miles from home with limited tools.Look forward to seeing what you find in there.

regards
The culprit
20170328_142651_001.jpg

She will be running tonight but beer will keep her from a test ride.

Amazing. Again, would you please tell us at what part we're looking right there ? Impressive. It would appear to have broken at a weak spot. How much load is that part expected to take ?

Should we all be concerned ?

Amazing. Again, would you please tell us at what part we're looking right there ? Impressive. It would appear to have broken at a weak spot. How much load is that part expected to take ?

Should we all be concerned ?
That is the clutch lifter shaft it also had older second generation styled lifter pieces which was undamaged. It will haveva newer style this time. As the wifey and son are good at following instructions whilst video phoning thru my collection of parts. If your clutch is properly adjusted you have nothibg to worry about. In fact I believe your bike is after 2011 which has the newer lifter piece. This is from improper adjustment while on the dyno (not by yours truly) but hey im 1000 miles from home and my collection of part or she would be getting thst bran new forged MTC clutch badket I have on the shevle at home :) still as long as you have drain pams you can do this on the side of the road. Of course if you have a place to work on her so you can partake in barley soda it is a bunch better.
20170328_152424.jpg

Back