Sent video to dealership. They called me and said we dont know. Said if they cant put it on the lift and reproduce it they cant figure it out........

They're the dealer- so they'd **** well better figure it out! Your bike just happens to have a problem while in motion, not on a lift. Surely they test RIDE bikes? That answer is unacceptable. I'm getting pissed off with you.

Or, maybe, to make it easier for them they should just give you a new bike that doesn't make grinding noises while moving! Then they don't have to "figure it out!"

Yeah, it's about time to get "medieval on their a@@." Send the Triumph corporate office an email with the sound clip and then call them too. Write a complaint with the BBB- that works 99% of the time with any legitimate business. Then proceed from there.

Sorry, man, you were unlucky. Don't regret getting the Rocket, they are great bikes- it's a bad dealer not stepping up, but they will fix this or make it right. They just need some persuasion, apparently. If it's something not too serious, once it's taken care of, I doubt you're going to have any major problems for a long while. If it's major, well, I'd say new bike or make them regret that they are in business.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Will most likely take it to my buddies shop and let him figure it out. I'm thinking it's a heatshield or something thin that is heating up and vibrating. Cant really explain why it doesnt do it for about 20 min except heat

Dropped bike off at my buddies shop. He has a dyno so he can get bike up to speed and track down noise

Mine had an rpm sensitive sound similar to yours when I got it. It turned out to be the clutch side bar end weight was assembled incorrectly, allowing the spacer inside it to rattle. Mine has Throttlemeister bar ends, not sure if the stock ones have the same spacer. Worth a look.

It sounds like the cheap forward foot rests I had at one time. They were loose. But I'm sure you looked at all the things that can "rattle"

Fixed. 10 minutes on the dyno found the problem. The right hand exhaust was heating up and vibrating against the crossover box somehow. I'm thinking that thing needs to go. Watching it on the dyno there were sparks coming off the top of the crossover box as well as the bottom turning red...

Back