Increasing louder "buzzing" sound in front end. 15 R3T?

Redwings01

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket III Tour
Hello everyone. This has been bugging me for a few months, but it really wasn't a problem but it has started getting worse. Usually in 4/5 gear, 40-55mph while slightly accelerating, an obnoxious buzzing sound starts in the front end/area somewhere, gets louder, then disappears. I was going to start tearing everything off and putting it back on, but wanted to stop here first and see if anyone has had this issue and what, if anything, fixed it for them. It's getting irritating enough that I'm focusing on it and making the ride less enjoyable. OCD and everything. Thanks guys, have a great weekend.

Same bike same issue. Please post back if you can track it down.

While the bike is on the kickstand, I can get it to do it at a certain RPM, though without a tach I cant tell exactly what that rpm is.

If it gets louder & disappears..... it is probably the fan blade rubbing slightly on the shroud. Maybe ? o_O

when the tires cup it makes a rrrrr sound when u r in corners. u can tap on parts with your fingers and see if u get a rattle. stuff paper towels in diff areas to see if it stops. if the brake hose is against the fender that might cause it.

Thanks guys. I think it's coming from the radiator shroud, but who knows. I'm thinking it does have a "plasticky" sound to it. I'm just going to start taking things off one by one and drive it after taking whatever it is off and see if I can figure out what it is. Maddening I tell you!!

Same bike same issue. Please post back if you can track it down.

While the bike is on the kickstand, I can get it to do it at a certain RPM, though without a tach I cant tell exactly what that rpm is.

I'll have to try it on the side stand. Haven't tried that yet.

I'll have to try it on the side stand. Haven't tried that yet.
i found my fender rattling between the steel where it is doubled for support at the fork mount. very hard to figure out!!!!!!!!!!!
also my mirror vibrates at a certain rpm when accelerating sounding like a heat shield vib, you can see it happening but I have no clue how to keep it
from doing that other than putting my hand on it

i found my fender rattling between the steel where it is doubled for support at the fork mount. very hard to figure out!!!!!!!!!!!
also my mirror vibrates at a certain rpm when accelerating sounding like a heat shield vib, you can see it happening but I have no clue how to keep it
from doing that other than putting my hand on it

I would go with the radiator shroud, I had to file off the brass pieces to get a better fit and also added some weather stripping by the grille to silence mine.

On mine, tons of the radiator shroud bolts just vibrated loose. Went over it several times with blue loctite to get things in place. Someone else (I forget offhand) had bolts under the shroud come loose and give out annoying noises also.

Heck, even the rear shock bolts had worked themselves half out on mine when it was new before I spotted it, that was almost brown trousers time when I saw that. So pre-ride inspections are no joke, should be done pre every ride, and get some blue loctite and apply to every loose bolt you find.

Back