atlsrt44

Nitrous
Ride
2018 rocket 3 roadster
I've got a buzzing noise on the bike I'm trying to track down. Dont hear it until you hit 4k rpm. Sounds like it's coming from front end. Best way I can describe it is high pitch almost a screech. I went over everything last weekend but going to do it again this weekend.

Any ideas? Btw it wont do it by just revving the engine. Only when riding

You'll find more answers but, have you lubed the final drive? Also make sure the screws are tight...eg, footpegs, exhaust, windshield, highway pegs, headlight, and just feel everything. Wind plays games with us from time to time, but the sound might be internal

I've got a buzzing noise on the bike I'm trying to track down. Dont hear it until you hit 4k rpm. Sounds like it's coming from front end. Best way I can describe it is high pitch almost a screech. I went over everything last weekend but going to do it again this weekend.

Any ideas? Btw it wont do it by just revving the engine. Only when riding

That is the sound of the beast breathing.

This would be way too obvious, sorry, but does applying the brakes affect the noise? You could have debris trapped between the pads and the disc. Applying the brakes could make it sound worse or, sometimes, go away completely.

More likely, might be a wheel bearing. Does this "ring a bell?"

If none of the above, a true expert will likely be along shortly to help you sort it out.

update: I see now that @Frosty Rider posted seconds before me. That true expert may have come along sooner than later :sneaky:

Back