Ok so I took an hour last night and started tightening everything on the front end then giving her a good cleaning. I cant say I found anything loose but this morning the noise is gone...

Maybe, when you cleaned, some soap acted as a lubricant for a while. But 4000 rpm though, in 3 gears, rpm's, not speed,

if it were me, I'd try removing the air filter and go for a very short ride over good roads, to see if the squeal is air related from the funky air system.

Maybe, when you cleaned, some soap acted as a lubricant for a while. But 4000 rpm though, in 3 gears, rpm's, not speed,

if it were me, I'd try removing the air filter and go for a very short ride over good roads, to see if the squeal is air related from the funky air system.
It sounds like metal on metal

What about the dreaded 'paint can' rattle we used to hear about attributed to the timing gear chain rattling against the tensioner? Not something you notice on the newer bikes but mine will rattle away for no reason with the engine rpms on the high side once or twice a season. Only lasts for a few seconds and only at a certain rpm until I change engine speeds. Sounds like I'm getting some chain harmonics.

Without hearing what kind of 'buzzing' noise it is, just shooting in the dark with the solution suggestions.

Regarding squealing brake pads, this is a normal problem. When mine get bad, I pull the pads, clean the crap out of the grooves in them and pass them over some fine sandpaper placed on a flat surface. No more noise..... until next time.

I would guess the clue holding your mirror in the frame is loose. I had a similar vibration but only at certain RPM's when I installed new mirror's with turn signals interrogated. Couldn't find the cause then I squeezed the mirror while the sound was being produced and the sound stopped. Got home and forced the mirror out of the frame and re glued it with Gorilla glue and a clamp. Been good for three years now.
Good luck

Talked to dealership yesterday and they say they cant reproduce the noise. Gonna pick it up next week and take it to my buddies shop.

Picked it up from dealership. Didnt make any noises until I was almost back at work. 1st gear gave it a quick twist to go around someone and soon as I hit 4k screeeeech.

Any chance you can make a video so we (and dealer) can hear it?

Camera would need to be in a place sheltered from wind blast, but ideally videoing the clocks

Back