burleighbars 2 inch T bars and cable lengths

Would you need to extend the cables on a 2015 Roadster of I put on the Thunderbike T-Bars @TOMCAT ..?

Just need to get a Classic clutch cable .. everything else will fit , just need to re-route them. Thunderbike gives you instructions on how to re-route your standard cables.

Hi there are plenty of places but I was just wondering if you actually need them or will the originals be long enough. If not then maybe the classics will fit, I know there are a few guys about with the bars and I am hoping they see this thread and can answer my question.
I do it for the simple fact of aesthetics. Fit EXPENSIVE bars and stay with boring normal cables.
I have special bars I made - but they were not for looks. Re routing solved most things.

Be aware there are guys on internet who sell "Classic" cables - they actually mean NOT ROADSTER - Identical to STANDARD. I won't name and shame - but when I complained they said - ah we were told they're the same - my reply was YOUR ASSESSOR IS A PRAT - GET A NEW ONE.

If you have an 05 and using the original cables, the question becomes moot. Buy new cables anyway, having old cables snap when you're on the road is a massive pain in the butt. Then you can also get the appropriate length so you can route them the right way and minimize the risk of them getting squeezed or abraded. I briefly used the stock clutch cable when I got risers and routed it next to the triple tree instead of properly around it where it goes normally and the cover on the cable had begun to abrade some when I got appropriate length cable replacements.

I do it for the simple fact of aesthetics. Fit EXPENSIVE bars and stay with boring normal cables.
I have special bars I made - but they were not for looks. Re routing solved most things.

Be aware there are guys on internet who sell "Classic" cables - they actually mean NOT ROADSTER - Identical to STANDARD. I won't name and shame - but when I complained they said - ah we were told they're the same - my reply was YOUR ASSESSOR IS A PRAT - GET A NEW ONE.

If you have an 05 and using the original cables, the question becomes moot. Buy new cables anyway, having old cables snap when you're on the road is a massive pain in the butt. Then you can also get the appropriate length so you can route them the right way and minimize the risk of them getting squeezed or abraded. I briefly used the stock clutch cable when I got risers and routed it next to the triple tree instead of properly around it where it goes normally and the cover on the cable had begun to abrade some when I got appropriate length cable replacements.

I maybe should have had a better explanation of what I am doing, I am getting new cables made up but, if the stock cables are long enough or the classics fit then I can just take my old cables in and get them made up so there can be no mistake and they will be ready to fit when I end up with the bars.

I maybe should have had a better explanation of what I am doing, I am getting new cables made up but, if the stock cables are long enough or the classics fit then I can just take my old cables in and get them made up so there can be no mistake and they will be ready to fit when I end up with the bars.

Elizabeth is the woman's name .. if you're getting cables made at the same place you sent me to mate. I will never forget her name ... or the ride across Tasmania with my throttle working backwards :D

Hi can you tell me what wilbers you run

Back